Monday, February 15, 2010

Cherry cupcakes...

So I made cherry cupcakes for Valentines and they turn out wonderfully. I used a wonderful white cake recipe and colored part of the batter pink which I added cherry flavoring (o'natural from local cake deco store)to. The buttercream I used was a french vanilla I had left over from other cuppies and added some of the cherry flavoring as well as chopped cherries from a can of pie filling that I used in my choc cuppies(later). I think that a little white choc coating on the top of the cupcakes before the buttercream would be awesome,yum!

Sorry no pics, camera coming soon.They were pink and white inside the cups and the butter cream was a very pail pink from the cherry filling I added with little bits of red cherry to enhance the flavor , color etc. I didnt include a recipe because these are fairly basic recipes most of you have . You can just enhance them.(:

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I don't really care for cherry flavor but these sound really good...